The Commissioner is responsible for her office and the Office for Public Integrity.
She is supported by the Deputy Commissioner, an executive team, and dedicated and hardworking employees.
The organisation is guided by the Commissioner's 2017-2020 Strategic Plan.
Good governance, accountability, integrity and ethical decision making throughout public administration for the benefit of all South Australians.
To preserve and promote integrity in public administration through proactive prevention and educational initiatives, the investigation of corruption in public administration, and the investigation or referral of misconduct or maladministration in public administration.
Our Strategic Priorities
- Excellence in operations
Demonstrate best practice in the assessment, investigation and/or referral of potential corruption, misconduct or maladministration in public administration, with a focus on efficiency without compromising effectiveness.
- Engagement and influence
- Expand our capacity to conduct research, reviews and evaluations, including the development of enhanced data and trend analysis.
- Enhance our focus on the preparation of reports about corruption, misconduct and maladministration in public administration for public authorities, Parliament and the public.
- Maximise our reach through face to face awareness and education sessions, online tools, publication of reports and social media.
- Develop toolkits to guide public officers in ethical decision making.
- Prepare and deliver workshops aimed at corruption prevention and effective internal investigation of misconduct and maladministration.
- Proactively engage with stakeholders to provide information learned from complaints, reports, investigations and evaluations.
- Capacity building
- Finalise the establishment of key corporate systems.
- Continue to develop our investigation capability, including investment in specialist investigation resources.
- Enhance flexibility of internal resources through skills and knowledge development.
- Ethical and accountable workforce
- Undertake thorough recruitment processes, including aptitude and psychometric testing and stringent security and integrity checking.
- Continue to focus on a strong agency culture that promotes behaviours that align to ICAC values.
- Promote accountability for actions and a solution focused approach to genuine errors.
- Employer of choice
- Invest appropriately in training and development.
- Expand our internal mentoring program.
- Establish an independent workforce remuneration / position classification scheme which reflects the unique nature of the organisation and the positions within it.